An award-winning engineering and consulting firm is seeking to hire a Senior Solid Waste Engineering Consultant for their Columbia, MD office. This individual will focus on leading projects and establishing client relationships in the Mid-Atlantic region solid waste management and environmental markets.
- Manage multiple solid waste engineering projects (including waste management facility design, permitting, operations support, construction oversight and certification).
- Produce comprehensive permitting and construction drawings.
- Conduct business development and strategic planning efforts including establishing and maintaining client relationships, preparing proposals, and generating sales in the Mid-Atlantic region solid waste management and environmental markets.
- Promote other services offered by the firm.
- Provide senior quality assurance reviews of technical reports, proposals, and communications.
- Make presentations and represent the firm in external meetings.
- Provide exceptional client service.
- Engage in ongoing communication with project stakeholders and regulators.
- Provide leadership, supervision, training and mentoring of junior staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil or environmental engineering.
- 10+ years of experience.
- Professional Engineering license.
- Experience in understanding of geosynthetic applications, leachate management, landfill gas management, and stormwater control are required.
- Experience with LFGTE projects, mechanically stabilized earth (MSE) berms and retained earth, solid waste management planning, transfer and support facilities, and construction-phase support is desired.
- Thorough knowledge and application of MD and VA solid waste regulations is required.
- Knowledge of PA, DE, and NJ solid waste regulations desired, but not required.