CAPE COD, MA
A multi-discipline consulting firm providing civil, structural, and marine engineering as well as land surveying and environmental permitting services is seeking to hire Senior Marine Engineer to provide project management and leadership for their coastal engineering department.
- Provide project management for coastal engineering project such as shorefront protection, marinas, piers, wharves, beach stabilization, dredging, and wetland mitigation projects
- Manage client relations, scope evaluation, proposal writing, and project cost estimating
- Establish project budgets and monitor cost tracking of projects
- Conduct site investigations
- Prepare and edit technical reports and feasibility studies
- Prepare feasibility studies and analysis for determining viable options for coastal engineering and shorefront protection projects
- Prepare engineering designs and oversee plan preparation for various projects
- Review environmental regulations and prepare project work plans.
- Work with Permitting Specialist to prepare environmental review application, reports, notices, etc.
- Attend and represent projects at public hearings
- Preparation of construction bid documents, technical specifications, and contract administration.
- Construction site observations and field reports.
- Assist with marketing and business development efforts
- Mentor junior engineers
- 10+ years of experience
- Registered Professional Engineer in Massachusetts, or ability to obtain registration within one year
- Demonstrated project management and supervisory skills
- Experience with Wetland and Waterways regulations, Coastal Zone Management policies, and Army Corps of Engineers permitting regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency preparing engineering plans using AutoCAD.