A civil engineering firm in Phoenix, AZ is seeking to hire a Principal of Land Development to manage client relationships and site/civil engineering projects. This individual will lead project teams and provide mentorship to junior staff.
- Prepares and negotiates client and consultant proposals, fees, schedules, and contracts. Primary coordinator of all communication between the client and firm.
- Responsible for the complete integration of design and technical aspects of the project.
- Responsible for the clear and timely communication of information to the project team, and monitors the performance of the project team to ensure that firm quality standards and design goals are being met.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding the financial goals established for assigned projects.
- Assures a positive team work atmosphere and assists in supporting the development and retention of quality staff including training/development/mentoring.
- Participates in marketing opportunities and facilities multi-discipline/office collaboration within firm.
- Develops and maintains successful client relationships for repeat business.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- PE license.
- Proven ability to maintain existing client relationship and build/generate new ones.
- Experience negotiating and managing project scope and few as well as risk management and financial accountability.
- Strong leadership, organization, and communication skills.
- Experience in directing and coordinating work efforts of junior staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Salary commensurate with experience.