PHILADEPHIA, PA (Location Flexible)
A privately held architectural lighting design firm is seeking to hire a controller to serve as part of the senior management team (reporting to President) assisting in developing company goals and objectives and manages accounting and administrative personnel.
- Serves as part of the senior management team of the company. Participates in management meetings; assists in developing company goals and objectives.
- Provides management with feedback on problem areas and recommends solutions.
- Manages accounting and administrative personnel. We currently have 1 accounting assistant/office manager.
- Maintains and improves accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Closes the books and analyzes financial statements and issues statements and interprets results for management.
- Prepares other financial reports including graphs and charts as needed to alert management to operating trends which are problematic or a cause for greater scrutiny; recommends solutions.
- Develops and monitors company expenditures against the annual business plan and budget.
- Helps develop annual budget and updates forecasts during the year.
- Coordinates work with outside accounting firm for production of year-end financial statements and tax returns, including year-end tax planning.
- Oversees payroll and quarterly payroll tax returns, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other routine accounting functions.
- Develop cash forecasts and manage cash on short-term and long-term basis.
- Collect receivables, and work with management, as required to improve turnover.
- Ensures that the company is adequately insured.
- Preparation of new WBE/DBE certification applications and annual renewals.
- New hire orientation and set-up, employee insurance and benefits administration, payroll processing and 401K processing.
- BSc/BA in Finance, Accounting or relevant field. MSc or MBA is a plus.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Proven experience (10 years min) as a Controller, finance officer or strategic financial leadership role.
- Experience in the architecture/engineering/construction industry (3 years min)
- Working experience with Unanet AE (formerly Clearview Infocus) or similar financial management software such as Deltek “Vision”.
- Proficient in use of MS Office including advanced Excel abilities, including V-look-ups, Pivot Tables, Formulas and Charts.
- Willing to work hands–on, to handle multiple tasks and delegate as necessary to efficiently produce large volumes of work.
- Ability to strategize and solve problems.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills, including being able to present complex financial information to non-finance leaders and team members.
- Attention to detail with an ability to see the big picture.
- Aptitude for interpreting numbers and trends and reporting results.
- Able to keep the highest level of confidences with the information handled.
- Working knowledge of Automobile, Workers Compensation, and Commercial and General Liability programs. Knowledge of life and health insurance programs.
Salary commensurate with experience.