A privately held consulting engineering and environmental firm with over 150 employees is seeking to hire a Transportation Market Sector leader to build and manage their transportation services group.
- Lead the development and expansion of the firm’s Transportation Practice.
- Visit clients, job sites, and consultant offices as needed to support the project and business development needs.
- Responsible for establishing continuing contacts with new prospects and acting as the principal contact for selected clients.
- Identify opportunities and manage team efforts for submittals, responses, interviews, presentations, and related activities.
- Coordinate marketing activities related to specific clients or prospects.
- Oversee preparation of materials and information for submittals, presentations, proposals, and brochures.
- Review and develop goals, objectives, budgets, and strategies for new business opportunities and assigned projects.
- Establish goals for staff and provide mentoring for their career development within the firm.
- Actively participate in civic and professional organizations.
- As the practice is established, hire and mentor junior engineers.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in highway, bridge, or traffic engineering
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) registration
- Must have established relationships with the Illinois and/or Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal