This opportunity is with an award-winning, Texas-based engineering and environmental firm providing water, wastewater, and infrastructure solutions for municipal and industrial clients.
- Manage a team of professionals to develop detailed designs, plans, specifications, reports and cost estimates for pipelines, pump stations, treatment plants, tanks and other water and wastewater storage and conveyance systems. More specific responsibilities include managing engineering/process design, hydraulics, pumping systems, and treatment process projects.
- Manage a team to provide responses to request for qualifications and assist with teaming opportunities.
- Perform business development activities with current and potential clients.
- Ability to guide, direct, and coordinate with the multiple departments and sub-consultants required for multidiscipline projects.
- Ability to manage team that creates, calibrates, modifies and runs hydraulic models for water and wastewater systems, and correctly interpret and communicate the results to others.
- Manage various projects within the time constraints established in the contacts.
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities and coordination of project engineers, EIT’s and CADD Operators as assigned to a specific project.
- Coordinate resources with other Project Managers within the firm for various projects.
- Attend meetings as necessary or required by client.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Water / Wastewater Lead from time to time.
- Professional Engineer’s (PE) license in the state of Texas.
- Minimum of 7 years progressive experience in the wastewater engineering field and at least 5 years project management experience on municipal/public works type projects is requested.
- Preferred: Experience in managing production and treatment projects as well as, managing water distribution and wastewater collection modeling.
- Advanced understanding of water treatment / distribution and wastewater collection / treatment principles and state regulations.
- Ability to guide, direct, and coordinate with multiple professionals involved in water / wastewater type projects and to manage the performance of various personnel in other departments.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
Salary commensurate with experience