An employee-owned, multi-disciplined engineering firm with offices across the southeast is seeking to hire a Structural Engineer to join their team in Savannah, GA. This individual will have technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments.
- Handle preliminary design studies, project planning, layouts, and other activities which lead to the actual engineering of a project.
- Consult with clients, other engineers, architects, and vendors as necessary to determine the most practical and desirable engineering design in keeping with the budget.
- Prepare design criteria for engineering projects and equipment.
- Complete work on time and within the allotted budget and resource estimate.
- Prepare detailed engineering designs in accordance with good engineering practice, including cost estimates and schedules, and in compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and restrictions.
- Make technical assumptions, think independently to complete assigned work, and draw engineering conclusions
- Market company services to current and potential clients. Participate in business development activities as requested.
- BS in Engineering with PE registration
- Registration as an SE a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, AutoCAD and Revit
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Salary commensurate with experience