FLORIDA (LOCATION FLEXIBLE)
An ENR Top 500 firm is seeking to hire a Business Unit Director to be responsible for the sustainability, development, profitability, and growth of the Florida Business Unit.
- Lead the development and expansion of the firm in Florida.
- Visit clients, jobsites and consultant offices as needed to support project and business development needs.
- Responsible for establishing continuing contacts with new prospects and acts as principal contact for selected clients.
- Identify opportunities and manage team efforts for submittals, responses, interviews, presentations, and related activities.
- Coordinate marketing activities related to specific clients or prospects.
- Oversee preparation of materials and information for submittals, presentations, proposals and brochures.
- Review and develop goals, objectives, budgets, and strategies for new business opportunities and assigned projects.
- Establish goals for staff and provide mentoring for their career development within the firm.
- Actively participate in civic and professional organizations.
- As the practice is established, hire and mentor junior engineers.
- 15+ years of relevant experience including business development experience working in the engineering field for the Florida Regional Transportation Infrastructure Industry
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (master’s preferred)
- Florida Professional Engineering Registration
- The successful candidate will be well established in transportation and other related engineering and construction trade societies
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for business development, marketing, and fostering corporate growth
Salary commensurate with experience