An ENR Top 500 multi-disciplinary firm providing civil engineering, air quality, ecological sciences, environmental engineering, planning, survey, waste management and water resources services to clients nationwide is seeking to hire a Geotechnical Engineer for their Columbus, Ohio office.
- Perform geotechnical subsurface investigations, geotechnical design and construction related problem solving related to real estate, oil and gas, and landfill site design (building foundations, cut and fill slopes, retaining walls, landslides, and pavements)
- Management of construction materials testing services for commercial, oil and gas, and landfill projects.
- Geotechnical subsurface investigation project duties will consist of coordination or monitoring subsurface drilling, obtaining soil and rock samples, preparing boring logs, developing laboratory testing programs, interpreting laboratory data, performing geotechnical analysis and design, and report preparation.
- Construction materials testing project duties will include management, coordination, supervision, review and direction of technician staff for earthwork, concrete, foundation, masonry and pavement construction testing.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, specializing in Geotechnical Engineering (M.S. in Geotechnical Engineering preferred).
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) registration required.
Salary commensurate with experience