A multi-discipline engineering consulting firm is seeking to hire an Director of Operations to establish, implement, and influences adoption of company-wide operational practice, technology and administration services that lead to increased productivity, profitability, quality, and safety.
- Directs and influences the adoption of firmwide standard project management practices that advance the firm’s standing as a high performing company.
- Maintains the PM Process Manual and Quality Manual and tools such as Design Models, go-bys, Project Directory Tool, Scope of Services, Contract/Agreement go-bys and checklists.
- Has the authority to review scope, fee and project set-up for projects anticipated to be high-risk.
- Directs firmwide project review processes to manage financial performance and risk on current jobs.
- Provides training to Business Line staff (e.g. Operations Managers), enables them to lead project reviews within their respective Business Line and ensuring a consistent firmwide approach.
- Personally conducts project reviews for large, complex or at-risk projects.
- Helps develop action plans, and monitors high-risk projects and coordinates necessary mitigation efforts to ensure successful margin preservation.
- Provides regular input to Business Line leadership on the performance of project managers. Works with Business Line leadership to address performance issues where noncompliance occurs.
- Directs and influences the adoption of firmwide continuous improvement and quality programs.
- As the Safety Officer, champions a robust culture of safety inside the organization and ensures compliance with Federal, State, and local safety regulations and requirements.
- Leads the Safety Committee; helps contain the costs of workers’ compensation claims and premiums by proactively identifying and mitigating workplace hazards before they cause injury.
- With the Senior Director- IT, ensures the design, development, and implementation of hardware and software technology and IT support services that meet the company’s operational needs.
- As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, is involved in discussion and resolution of strategic and key tactical issues of the firm.
- B.A./B.S. Degree in Business, Engineering, Planning, or equivalent discipline. Advanced degree(s) preferred but not required.
- Has at least fifteen (15) years of progressive experience in consulting engineering or professional services organization.
- Demonstrated experience in translating broad initiatives into specific objectives and action plans and executing plans that have resulted in improved efficiencies and company performance.
- Demonstrated leadership in building consensus, coordinating cross-functional teams, and influencing change at all levels of a complex organization, both inside and outside of one’s direct reporting authority.
- Demonstrated expertise as a Project Manager and extensive understanding of budgeting and project accounting and standards in the A/E/C industry. Strong track record of applying continuous improvement methods is required; prior experience with formalized quality programs such as TQM or process integration/mapping strongly preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience.